“When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I’m feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things and then I don’t feel so bad.” ~Lyrics from My Favorite Things, by Rodgers and Hammerstein
I was just sitting here sipping my delicious hot tea and it got me thinking about things in life that I really love. The little things. Things that make me feel good. Things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, you know? (Aside from the obvious things like the hubby and my amazing children. I mean, that’s just a given.) Just thought I’d list them for you here, in no particular order…Sorry, this ain’t the Oprah show and everyone will not be getting one of everything…
1. Aveda Comforting Tea.
The aforementioned stuff I am sipping. Warm, delicious, and yes, quite comforting actually. Can be found at Aveda salons/spas or ordered online at the Aveda website. Comes loose leaf or in individual tea bags. I like the bags, but to each her own. It is a must have, kinda pricey though. $14.00 for 20 teabags. But what an indulgence.
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
This is the first in a series of books that I am currently obsessed with. I am now in the 4th book and I have loved every book as much as the first. It is a love story that spans 200 years, set in the Highlands of Scotland and involves a little time travel. I know it sounds crazy, but it will all make sense if you read it. This is true love, y’all! Romance, danger, some hot lovin’ (It could be right up fellow Spacer, Noonie’s alley!), suspense, you name it! It just leaves you wanting more of Claire and Jamie!!! Well, more Jamie for sure. If you’ve read it, you know what I mean. He he. All six books are in trade paperback. I found mine at a second hand book store, so this will cost you a little less than my tea.
3. Essence of Jerusalem.
This is a perfume that my parents brought me from Israel. They go on a tour of the Holy Land every year and lucky me, they always bring me presents!! Woohoo, I love presents. Two years ago, they brought me a little bottle of this. I love it! It’s a little bit spicy, but also floral. It’s made from plants growing around Jerusalem and in the desert there. I used it all and, though I have never asked for anything specific from their pilgrimage in the past, I said, “Do you think you could pick me up some of that perfume again this time?” They did, and it’s a bigger bottle. Whenever I wear it, my Jacob says, “Mom, you smell good.” That’s the best recommendation I can give you–the word of a 12 year old!
4. The Java House.
This is my favorite coffee house. Unfortunately, it is in Iowa. Ohhh, the coffee house smell! You open the door and that wonderful aroma just engulfs you like an old friend. It says, “Come in. Relax. Have some fresh brewed Hazelnut Decaf. Or a Vanilla Latte. And a Raspberry Scone. Or some Chocolate Chip Biscotti (baked by my friend Diana! Miss you, girl. )” Hang out with the gals in your book club and chat the evening away on the comfy sofa. Read the paper or magazine of your choice. Aahhhhh, Java I miss you!
5. Ipod Nano.
Maybe y’all remember my nano I got for Mother’s Day. Well let me just tell you it has gotten lots of use. Love it. Love it. Love it. I have my songs on there. I can play them while out walking, while house cleaning, while unpacking boxes. I can also “dock it” in its little boom box and play it that way. Oh the days of 8-tracks are loooong gone. My children don’t even know what an “album” really is. It’s pretty sad, but in this case, I’m glad for the new technology.
6. Southern Rock/Rock N Roll.
- Peaceful Easy Feeling — Eagles
- Lights — Journey
- Seven Bridges Road — The Eagles
- Hook — Blues Traveler
- Tunnel — Third Day
- Peace Of Mind — Boston
- Run-Around — Blues Traveler
- A Long December — Counting Crows
- Hold On Loosely — .38 Special
- Go Your Own Way — Fleetwood Mac
- Rock & Roll Band — Boston
- Caught Up In You — .38 Special
- Mr. Jones — Counting Crows
- Until The Day I Die — Third Day
- Black Water — The Doobie Brothers
- Sweet Home Alabama — Lynard Skynard
- Can’t You See — The Marshall Tucker Band
- Amie — Pure Prairie League
- Gimme Three Steps — Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Sing A Song — Third DayYes, music makes me happy. I enjoy all kinds (Contemporary Christian, 70s, 80s, Old school rap/R&B, Southern Rock and on and on), but right now I’m on this current kick. Just in case you aren’t having a musical flashback and hearing them all in your head, you can go listen to my playlist. Enjoy and ROCK ON! And…I have more faves, but I reckon that’ll do for now. What are some of YOUR favorite things?