Nothing says, “Keep doing what you’re doing” like seeing someone you know in the Walmart and having her ask, “How much weight have you lost?”
Am I right?
I am beginning to see some changes, and at least one other person is too. And, I am not going to lie: It feels good.
The answer to her question, though, is “I don’t know.” Remember, we are only weighing monthly in our Biggest Losers group. It is hard not knowing. But it forces me to really focus on other changes.
It forces me to measure my success in different ways.
- I am not busting out of my brassiere anymore.
- I can reach back and grab my toes to pull my lower leg up and stretch my quads without holding on to anything now! Woot!
- My waist feels smaller to me.
- My Hubby told me this morning that my behind was smaller. You’d have to know him…he would not care if my hiney was as big as a barn. He is always very supportive in my getting fit endeavors. So his saying my behind was smaller was not saying that it was huge before—just means he noticed. Which is nice. *grin*
- My endurance is much improved.
- I can plank for almost a whole minute!
As for the whole eating business, I am making much healthier choices. I am eating much less. I guess the bottom line there is: I am actually thinking about what I am putting in my mouth! I am drinking lots of water and I have cut back drastically on my
CRACK, uh, Diet Dr. Pepper intake. Still gotta have my hot tea with a teaspoon of sugar in the morning! And I do confess to a weakness for the fun-size Twix that was in the Valentine’s candy from last week. Oh, how I do love the Twix, y’all! Fortunately, all the Twix are gone from my house now, so I am safe! Shwew!
I am making progress. One step at a time. It is hard fought and hard won, but it is happening. It may seem slow or intermittent, but it is happening. And it feels great.
I am getting there. With lots of support and prayer and encouragement, I am getting there. And the longer it takes, the more ingrained the habits become and the longer the results stick.
Action. Progress. Endurance. Results. Rinse. Repeat.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.” ~Hebrews 12:1 NLT
Getting Fit Fridays appears weekly here at Red Van Ramblings to chronicle my fitness journey and more importantly, to increase my accountability. Do you need to get back on the wagon? Do you need some help and encouragement? Join with me, if you’d like. We can do it—together.