So I thought I was being smart when I strategically put my make up on yesterday. WRONG.
You’ll recall my head injury mentioned in yesterday’s post. Yes, well, I really thought I had it covered. I walked into physical therapy with Emma yesterday and the cute girl at the desk who takes my money and makes Emma’s appointments, immediately says, with a raised eyebrow, “Girl, what did you do to your head??”
Dang. So much for camouflage!
Thanks to Emma’s therapist, who has a delightful sense of humor, I was asked about my “third eye” and promptly dubbed Cyclops. (No, I will not be posting any pics!) Glad I’m not 13…something like that could possibly have scarred me for life, ya know!
- That said, I am thankful that bruises heal…quickly. But bruises are indeed the living embodiment of the saying about things getting worse before they get better, no? Such lovely shades of green and yellow! Oh, and also, bruises are the “gift that keeps on giving”, are they not? So many idioms, so little time…
- I am thankful for lovely fall temperatures. Though it is cloudy out there today, I do love the cooler temps. I say, enjoy it while it lasts…winter is quickly approaching!
- I am thankful that I was able to clean up Zippy’s things yesterday before Emma got home from school. It made me sad, but I was thankful to have it done.
- I am also very grateful that I did not further injure my already jacked up back by vacuuming the area where Zippy used to live. In case you didn’t know, guinea pigs are very messy little critters.
- I was excited to learn the Spanish phrase “Vamos de compras!” today. One of the perks of home schooling is you definitely learn along with your student! It means “Let’s go shopping!” Very appropriate for this upcoming season and as I am planning to head on a shopping trip with my sister-in-law this weekend! Should be fun.
I am a little disappointed that the “30 Days of Thankfulness” are wrapping up. I am quite pleased that I have managed to keep up the regular posting for the entire month…oh, she who is the non-finisher of things. Yeah, yeah, I know there is still tomorrow.
Here’s hoping I can keep it up for one more day.
Until then, be thankful!