Seventeen days running I have managed to post here. That must be some kind of record! At least, for me. So, go me.
A few thankful thoughts today:
- I am glad that the days of big hair are over. Nowadays I get get up, wash and GO. Back in the day, there were perms, mousse, hot rollers, curling irons and hair spray. Had to get those bangs juuust right. Suffice it to say, bigger is NOT always better. Nevermind the fact that I just do not have the time for all that mess anyway.
- Let me also add to that my gratitude that shoulder pads, stirrup pants and safety pins as a fashion accessory have also left the scene. They were cool for about five minutes, but that was all.
- I am thankful for breakfast for dinner. I love it!
- I love that my kids love books like I do. That is good to me.
- I am thankful for technological advances in communication so that I can sit here and listen to Emma happily Skype with her BFF Beth who moved to Texas over the summer. I remember all those moves we made as I was growing up, leaving friends who I would never see again. Yeah, there was snail mail, but it was not the same as laying eyes on your peeps!
- I am (again) so grateful for how hard my Sweetie works, even though he is currently in a situation that he does not totally love. I appreciate his willingness to work so hard for our family.
- I am excited about going to go see my parents, grandparents, siblings, nieces and nephews and in-laws! I am so thankful that we live close enough to be able to go spend time with them. Five hours compared to Twenty-four hours is a Sunday afternoon cruise! Love it!
- Okay, now I am thankful for stalking Emma while she was Skyping Beth and getting to see and talk to my sweet friend Torri (Beth’s mom)!! What a treat! I miss that girl. I don’t care what the legal system says, Stalking Pays.
Okay, people, that is all. Until tomorrow…
“Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It’s a way to live.” ~Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear