“The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!” ~Henry Ward Beecher
- I am thankful for homemade Loaded Potato Soup in the crock pot for dinner! Tasty!
What I am really loving is that my son did the making of said soup…even though I did cringe as I watched him peelin’ them taters. Yikes! Which makes me thankful we did not have to make a trip to the ER due to any unintentionally self-amputated digits! I love that I can teach him some life skills as a part of his education!
- I am thankful for Wal-Mart; you never know who you are going to run into there.
It was a real treat seeing Emma’s softball coach and his wife at the Wally World. They, of course, being the sweet friends that they are, were asking how Emma was doing, since they were present at the leg breaking and have been following her progress for the last 6 1/2 months via Facebook.
- Right now, I am extremely grateful for the rain that is falling outside. It means my car is getting washed…for free, and not by me! Suh-WEET!
- I am thankful that tomorrow is Thursday. It means we have our home school co-op. We go once a week and Jacob takes a couple of classes there and I teach a class. It is a long day for us and we have to do some schooling both in the car and at the library, but it is a fun day. I have about decided that Thursday is the new Friday around here. I love it that much.
- I am thankful for sharing laughter with my daughter about some random silliness in the car on the way home from physical therapy today. I am so grateful for the relationship that we share. It is so precious to me.
- I am thankful, now, that it is bed time around here. I am pooped! Peace out, y’all!
“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~Thornton Wilder