I’m just feeling a little “list-y” today, so I’m going with that.
My list of Thanks for today:
- The Grace of God each day. His mercies, new every morning. Without Him, I am nothing.
- The Bible…God’s love letter to us and instruction book for all situations! Got a question? You can find the answer there.
- Coffee that warms me and wakes me.
- Books. Books. Books. Love, love books. The way they look, smell, feel. No Kindle for me! No sir! Not enough time for the books, y’all!
- Family! So, so grateful. Oh, we have our own special brand of crazy, for sure, but it works for us. Love you all!
- My people…AKA my peeps, my friends, my confidantes. LOVE you!
- BEACH! Oh, beach, I did not get to see enough of you this summer! Next summer, God willing, there will be no broken limbs to prevent us from visiting you!
- Laughter! Though it be the bane of my son’s existence, I love it. It is medicine for me.
- Health. So thankful for my health, the health of my hubby and kids and family. Thank you, God!
- A car that runs. Really grateful. There was a time, back in the days of Big Red…toward the end of her life…where I did not know whether she would crank up when I got in. It is truly a blessing to have a car, and a dependable one!
- Getting to know people and their stories. I am really thankful for opportunities to talk with people and learn about them and the stories that have made them who they are. I really appreciate being able to connect with people.
“Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” ~Edward Sandford Martin