Holy cow! We are already 8 days into November! This year has flown by so fast…in a minute we’ll be ringing in 2012! YIKES! I spend many days wishing everything would just. slow. down!
- I am thankful for each day, each moment, I have to spend with my family.
I remember when my kids were little and I would just pray to get through from one day to the next. I would be so frazzled and exhausted and both kids would be freaking out for whatever reason and I would be wishing time would speed up and we could all just go to bed and start over tomorrow. What those real “Calgon” moments are for, you know? But now, oh, now, how I wish I could get those moments back. Those sticky toddler kisses moments. Those cuddled up in bed reading books together moments.
I can’t get those “frenzied mother of preschoolers” moments back, but I can enjoy each day. Now. Each day with my awesome kids…those precious babies, who are turning into awesome young adults.
It is only now as an adult that I can see how true it is that life is fleeting. You know, hindsight and all. My grandma warned me it would be like this. She was right. Grandmas are right a lot.
- Let me say here that I am very thankful for my grandmas.
I have shared about my grandmas on occasion. I feel so fortunate to still have both my grandmas at my age (42) and at their ages—92 and 91. They are both remarkable ladies in their own rights and I have learned a lot from them about life, love, generosity and being a lady.
- I am thankful for crisp fall mornings.
- I am so very thankful for the freedom we have in this country. To worship as we choose. To educate our children as we choose. To vote.
- I am very thankful for and to the men and women who work for and fight to protect that freedom each day—at the risk of losing their lives.
Until tomorrow—Be thankful! ♥